Download The Builder Demo
Last updated: 17 November 2013
Latest version: 0.2.7
You can now try out an early pre-alpha builder release where you can try building a vehicle and driving it around the test map!
Windows: Windows XP or newer
Mac: Intel Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
Linux: Tested on Ubuntu
Requires a graphics card that supports Shader Model 2.0 (DirectX 9).
Supports screen resolutions of 800×600 and up.
- This isn’t a proper game yet. There’s no fighting or damage system implemented. What it is is a functional vehicle builder where you can build a vehicle and test drive it around. This is an early release to give the community something fun to play with.
- The actual game release will not be free. This is a long-running full-time project which already has a lot of time put into it, and will have a lot more. However, updated versions of the vehicle builder demo with new build features are likely in the future.
- Your weapons need energy to fire. If they’re not firing, check your energy. Generators provide energy and some energy storage capacity. Capacitors provide a bunch of cheap storage but no energy.
- The “Open save folder” button can seem like it does nothing on Mac and Linux, but it actually just opens BEHIND the game.
- If you find a bug or get a crash, please report it: http://www.scrapsgame.com/contact