Based in New Zealand
Scraps: Modular Vehicle Combat is a vehicle combat game where you build your vehicle from the chassis up. Parts are truly functional and contribute to the running of your vehicle as well as well as its weight and balance. Spend your funds how you choose, then scavenge scrap from the battlefield to further upgrade your build.
Scraps began development in late 2012, ran a successful Kickstarter at the end of 2013 and was released on Steam Early Access on 7 July 2015. A demo is also available that allows building vehicles and testing them out, as well as joining LAN games.
- Create a combat vehicle of your own design, from cleverly logical to completely insane.
- Pit that design against AI or human players, in single-player, LAN, or Internet play. Easily host your own Internet games. The demo can even join LAN games so only the host needs to own the full game to play on LAN.
- Use truly functional parts. Engines for speed, armour for defence, cooling to dissipate heat and so on. Put all your weight on one side and tip over on corners. Make a vehicle that moves by firing its guns backwards.
- Fight a vehicle battle where you can also scavenge wreckage from your enemies to repair and upgrade your own vehicle. A more fleshed out single-player mode is coming next.
Early Access Launch Trailer. YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Build your own combat car and watch it fail hilariously. After all, that's at least half the fun."
- András Neltz, Kotaku
- "It looks like a vehicular combat game but it’s also something far more important and the final scene in the video sums it up perfectly. Scraps is a stage on which to act out physics-based farce."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Moment Studio
Moment Studio is a little indie studio in New Zealand.
More information on Moment Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.